Monday 15 February 2016

Fake appreciations better than honest feedback!

I was at my friend's place for a function. While we were having a serious conversation her cousin came in and asked ,"How do I look?". Both I and my friend looked at her. The cousin had heavy make up and was wearing jewelry that didn't  suit her. I was about to say her that, my friend interrupted me and said, "Awesome, fabulous, you look great",I looked at my friend, she just smiled and nodded her head. The cousin seemed pretty happy, and she left the room. I couldn't resist asking her why she just lied! My friend as always smiled at me and said, "My cousin would have definitely taken feedback from others as well , I simply do not want to be the wrong person!  The wrong person? Seriously? Giving a honest feedback makes you the wrong person? I couldn't stop thinking about this incidence even after many months.I wondered how many times have I been the wrong person? Most of the time I might have ended up being the wrong person for the simple reason that I always gave honest feedback. Thinking hard ,I  realized that people prefer getting fake appreciations than any critical feedback! By giving what we call honest feedback we also become the "Bad or wrong person".Gradually people start avoiding us, for nobody likes criticisms. If I were them, I am not sure if I would take the criticism in the right spirit either. As another friend of mine once said it right, we do not belong to the honest feedback generation. You like or you don't like it, fake it with a smile!! This is how you end up being politically correct!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment